Instead of coming up with some sort of list, I instead decided to create a mix conveying my favorite songs of the year (plus a couple from previous years). I've sent everyone on the email list a link from where you can download the mix (edit; here's the link: http://download.yousendit.com/F6FB429759684187); it's a big file and, unfortunately, it's one file (I tried to separate it into different tracks but my editing software was being a bitch about it). Some of the edits are pretty simple, whereas on others I endeavor to actually do some Steve Aoki shit (minus the gorgeous hangers-on). Check it out, if you get a chance. It might actually be a good workout mix, minus the last two songs that sort of slow things down (which may be appropriate for some post-running stretching/meditation).
(1) Night of the Furies - The Rosebuds
(2) $20 - M.I.A.
(3) St. Tropez - Golden Bug
(4) Kidz Are So Small - Deerhoof
(5) Hold On - Holy Ghost!
(6) Wow - Kylie Minogue
(7) Finer Feelings - Spoon
(8) Ice Cream - New Young Pony Club
(9) I've Still Got You (Ice Cream) - Pissed Jeans
(10) Tout va pour le mieux dans le pire des mondes - Les Breastfeeders
(11) World - The Bee Gees
(12) Coke & Wet - Spankrock
(13) Kill the Messenger - Karl Blau
(14) Come One Come All - Noonday Underground
(15) Mr. Me Too (Z.A.K. Remix) - Clipse
(16) Failsafe - The New Pornographers
(17) Can't Tell Me Nothing - Kanye West
(18) Bright Lights, Big City - Jim Jones feat. Max B.
(19) Isn't Life Strange? - The Clientele
(20) On the Wings - Citay