Sunday, December 13, 2009

FM Gems: George Strait

Best Songs I Heard on Non-Rock Radio Stations This Year

I made a point of spending more time scanning non-rock radio stations this year on my lengthy drive to and from work in the Los Angeles area. Mainly, I ventured into the formats of country, classical, smooth jazz, non-smooth jazz, and old-school hip hop and R&B. While I'm not crazy about the majority of what these stations play (with the exception of the classical station), I found that it was worth the time spent to come across the occasional gem. So throughout this year's Jamboree, I'm sharing my favorite FM gems, as I like to call them.

The first entry comes from country superstar George Strait, heard on Go Country 105. I love the sentiment of this song, and I love the way they just plow through it and don't even bother with a second verse. The video's pretty great, too.
— Tom McMahon

1 comment:

michelle said...

I'm assuming the next Gem is going to be something by the Black Eyed Peas...