10. The Rapture at El Rey (November 15, 2003)
9. The Faint at the Mayan Theatre (November 14, 2004)
8. A Camp at the Troubadour (June 15, 2009)
This probably would have been higher on my list if I saw the show back in my childless days, when I had energy and could form sentences after dark. It was still great though.
7. Royksopp and Annie at Avalon (September 13, 2005)
6. Jens Lekman at the Troubadour (November 10, 2007)
I will never forget all those beautiful little Swedes dancing around the stage in their white embroidered dresses. I think it was the most heart-warming show I've ever been to.
5. !!! and Future Pigeon at the Henry Fonda (July 28, 2004)
Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I've never seen so many people on stage at once as during Future Pigeon's set.
4. The Hives at the Henry Fonda (August 2, 2004)
Each one of those Swedes has more energy than both of my hyperactive children combined.
3. Jens Lekman and Richard Swift at Spaceland (October 28, 2005)
Most people left after Richard Swift, so Jens pretty much played for just me, Tom, and a handful of other people. He walked around the "crowd" with his ukulele, and we even got to meet him afterwards and tell him how we had been waiting for YEARS for him to come play in LA.
2. The Cardigans at the Troubadour (May 25, 2004)
When Nina Persson came on stage, the first time I ever got to see my idol in person, I shed a single warm and heavy tear of happiness.
1. Fischerspooner at the House of Blues LA (September 21, 2003)
This show was so amazing that it literally intoxicated me. Literally. I came home and vomitted after the show... and I wasn't sick or drunk.