here are 5 memorable quotes from 2006:
5. "If you are not electing Christians, then in essence you are going to legislate sin." -- Rep. Katherine Harris (R-Fla.) during her failed election bid to represent Florida in the US Senate
4. “And though I am a committed Christian, I believe everyone has the right to their own religion - be you Hindu, Jewish, or Muslim, I believe there are infinite paths to accepting Jesus Christ as your personal savior.” -- Stephen Colbert as President Bush at the 2006 White House Correspondents Dinner
3. "You're nothing but a whore! You're a slut! How could you do that movie?" -- Bob “Kid Rock” Richie to Pam Anderson about her work with Sacha Baron Cohen
Pam’s reported response -- “Pam is just very happy to not be in the same house with so much passive-aggressive hostility in it…"
2. "that's what happens when you interrupt the white man..." -- Michael Richards
1. “Sorry haters, God’s not done with me” -- impeached judge, currently Member of Congress Alcee Hasting's final words after being passed over to become the new Chair of the House Intelligence Committee.
I find this last quote both witty and profound. Words to live by for 2007.