Sunday, December 3, 2006

Study Listening

Yeah, I'm pressing for a topic but I just couldn't wait to get the ball rolling. Here are the top ten live albums I've listened to while studying for finals these past couple of days.

10) Baron Von Bullshit Rides Again - Modest Mouse
9) Trials and Errors - Magnolia Electric Co.
8) Live - Built to Spill
7) MTV Unplugged in New York - Nirvana
6) Live in Tasmania - John Fahey
5) Live at the Palace, Hollywood, CA, April 24, 1994 - Pavement
4) The Rolling Stone's Rock and Roll Circus, December 11, 1968 - Various Artists
3) Live and Dangerous - Thin Lizzy
2) Live at Maxwell's - Reigning Sound
1) Live 1975, The Rolling Thunder Revue - Bob Dylan

- Paul Bost, Co-Editor and Co-Founder

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. What is it about live albums that makes them good for studying?

Anonymous said...

Nothing special, actually. I actually prefer studying to classical or electronic music. I just happened to have a hankering. I bet it had been 7 years since I had listened to that Nirvana album. I had forgotten how many Meat Puppets songs they cover.